Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My poor car...


My Honda City met with an accident in mumbai last week.  My cousin was driving; mom & dad were with him.  By Gods grace nobody got hurt.  While on the way to pune, at the chheda nagar signal a truck collided from the right. 

Luckily both vehicles were at very slow speeds, otherwise the result could have been very different.  Also, nobody was sitting on the rear right seat.  Mom was on the left.  All of us were left really shaken up by the incident though...

We keep reading about accidents in the newspapers but it always feels so distant.  Just another piece of the shit we are fed every day through all news media.  Its only when it happens to near and dear ones that makes one realize how vulnerable all of us really are.

I guess there's just too many people and too many vehicles out there.  This is bound to happen sometime!  Feel really sad for my car though.  She's a beauty (much better than the later versions of the City) and has been with my family and friends on countless trips.  Will make sure that she looks sexy again...

Safe driving, everyone!

4 comments:

Archana Rao said...

OH my GOD!!!!! Man she looks bad!!! drive safe man!!!

Ashish said...

Good all are safe, that's all.

Minal said...

shit!!!!! this looks bad! Thank god no one got hurt! Agree with what you say - we all are so vulnerable. I love the car btw - Honda City! As teenagers we drooled over Ajit Agarkar's Red Honda City that stood bang in front of my bldg!

Vivek Rao said...

@ chan: thanks babe. but i do drive safe always. you cant control the other drivers na...

@ boozy: yeah, thats whats imp

@ minnale: hahahaha! tereko gaadi achchi lagti hai to bhi cricketer ki hi... :)